A BRAND OF INTERNATIONAL ACCLAIM
Max Mara Cape Town Waterfront
Prestigious international fashion house, Max Mara appointed STUDIO SIXTEEN as their South African brand custodian. Having achieved international success through their continued production of sophisticated and sleek designs, they needed to partner with a company that could deliver the same.
Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, Capetown, RSA
Design development: 4 weeks
Site implementation: 4 weeks
- To work with the brand's Italian architects to understand and implement their unique design language.
- To find local manufacturers who would match the quality of the imported Italian display elements.
- To co-ordinate and manage the logistical challenges and deliver an interior that is in keeping with the international brand identity.
Our Unique Design Solution
S16 took the time to understand the brand's design language and sourced the very best local manufacturers for each element.
- Ensuring the materials used were of international standard and quality.
- Flexibility in keeping constant contact with the Italian architects, managing customs clearance challenges and supervising the local manufacturing process.
- Producing technical documentation to assist the S16 team to complete construction on time.
The S16 team delivered a space of a quality to compete with the best in this international chain.
- A single smoked oak partition divides the store to create warmth, interest and textural variation.
- A layout that intuitively entices the customer to explore the merchandise.
- Spot lighting contrasting with soft downlights creates a comfortable, easy mood.
- An open sliding shopfront to increase foot traffic into the store.
- Purposely designed definition of zones within the store through the use of colour.