LIFE FLOWS BETTER WITH VISA
Visa Sub-Saharan Africa Head Office
Digital payments giant, VISA need no introduction. STUDIO SIXTEEN's design won the hearts and minds of the VISA team whilst competing in the fiercely contested tender. Utilizing soft curves that traverse the space, S16 successfully transformed 1250m² into a stylish interior.
K&W, Katherine and West Street, Sandton, Johannesburg
Design development: 8 weeks
Site implementation: 12 weeks
- Acknowledge the space as the home of a global brand.
- Respect the brand's identity and uphold it through the use of corporate imagery.
- Create an open and inviting space with designated areas for staff to decompress.
Our Unique Design Solution
The S16 team drew inspiration from VISA's "Life flows better with VISA" campaign. The use of soft curves and organic shapes embody elements of the brand's logo, while the inclusion of fine details infuse personality into the space.
- A design that compliments the sweeping lines of the architectural facade.
- An environment that is contemporary with a light-industrial feel, incorporating our African Heritage into the interior .
- A design that accepts and flows with the changing trend of what office spaces are becoming: playful but professional.
S16 delivered a world-class design which reflects the strength and solid foundation that VISA represents. The concept was thoroughly considered, resulting in a bespoke solution tailor-made to meet VISA’S requirements and exceed their expectations.
- A timber ceiling with recessed strip lighting curves down onto the wall behind the receptionist with a strategic cut-out allowing a glimpse of the natural light and vista behind.
- Playful elements such as Astroturf, graphics and plywood trees were incorporated into the staff pause areas.
- Functionally sized break-away spaces and meeting rooms were carefully placed.
S16 handed over an interior that was exceptionally well received not only by the staff but by all who visited the space. Subsequent to the handover, the design has been recommended as the international standard for all Visa Corporate offices moving forward.