N4 Toll Route Petroport, Mpumalanga, RSA
Design development: 8 weeks
Site implementation: 6 weeks
ALZU’s Country & Outdoor
Agricultural exporters, ALZU enlisted the services of STUDIO SIXTEEN to design a space that celebrated their love for the outdoors, whilst creating a platform to showcase some of the best adventure brands around.
- To integrate the motto "adventure is out there," into a brand image and the design of the interior .
- To design a space that is boldly unique whilst showcasing brands such as First Ascent, Columbia, Go-Pro and Merrell.
- To create a welcoming space that highlights the inspiring natural vista outside the store.
Our Unique Design Solution
Inspired by the client's contagious passion for nature and conservation, S16 developed an "Out of Africa," theme that took elements of the classic old-world charm and placed a modern twist on them.
- A logo design centered on the rhino was the perfect symbol of the clients' commitment to rhino conservation.
- S16 created an experience for the customers inspired by the life of David Livingstone. A design which was both authentic and maintained retail practicality .
- The "Eat well, Travel often," credo was coined by the S16 team and became the golden thread connecting the space's retail and cafe functions.
S16 created a space that was a masterful mix of colonial-era furnishings with contemporary styling and functionality. Aged leather armchairs and animal hide rugs on screeded floors created visual connections with the earthen beauty of the outdoors. Old-world maps as a wall treatment and natural mahogany finishes brought further continuity to the interior. Vintage bar stools , wooden fans and glass beaded chandeliers were off-set against the industrial exposed concrete soffit in The Waffle Café.