Irvine’s Head Office
Irvine's is a family business specialising in the export of agricultural product throughout Africa; their focus being their passion for poultry. With a fast-growing company, Irvine's contacted STUDIO SIXTEEN to design a fresh environment for their new premises in the cutting edge Corner Main Office Park in Bryanston.
Corner Main Building, Corner Main and Payne, Bryanston
Design development: 4 weeks
Site implementation: 7 weeks
- To develop a contemporary concept that would complement their existing furniture.
- To create a space that subtly and tastefully encompasses the companies passion.
- To design an office interior that is both modern and sophisticated whilst maintaining the warmth and intimacy synonymous with a family business.
Our Unique Design Solution
Inspired by the clients' interest in aviation and its correlation with the export into Africa, S16 developed an interior derived from the concept "Aviators Barn in Africa"
- The rustic white-washed red brick walls bring warmth to the space and stand proudly in contrast to the industrial glazing held within black framework.
- The timber specified for the floors, barn doors and staff pause counter tops along with the monumental organic solid timber boardroom table, showcase the natural and authentic characteristics of the company
- The incorporation of accent colours drawn from the plumage of a rooster are offset against the contemporary and minimalist backdrop.
- A corporate interior softened by the inclusion of rustic and natural elements.
- The office space has soul with intimate break-away area's for the staff.
- An interior that subtly conveys the essence of the brand.
- Kelim rugs , rich in colour demarcate feature areas.
- Rusted planters enhance the authenticity of the interior while the indigenous plants therein bring life into the space.